Are you working towards being a successful entrepreneur or business leader? You’re not alone – millions of others are working towards those same goals. But it’s important that you do so in the right way, and one of the key things detailed in “Twist and Trust: Finding Your Way When Life Takes An Unexpected Turn”, the new book by Tonja Demoff is that you need to approach your efforts with the right expectations and realistic goals.
Why is setting goals so important, and what kind of expectations are we talking about? First, you need to understand that things aren’t always going to go perfectly as you expected them to. Challenges will arise, mistakes will be made, and sometimes it can seem like the world is against you.
Five Reasons You Need To Be Realistic
But when you have realistic goals and are ready for those challenges, you’ll be able to experience some significant benefits. Here are 5 key reasons that being realistic matters.
- When you set realistic goals, it’s easier to reach them. This means that you aren’t left struggling towards a goal you can’t reach, which in turn will often lead to difficulty staying motivated.
- Being realistic about the prospect of new challenges arising means that you’ll be able to twist and turn when they show up. Adjusting your strategy to accommodate new challenges makes it easier to achieve great things.
- Realistic goals make it simpler to see what steps you need to take to reach them. It’s harder to know where to start when you have a lofty goal in mind that is years away from reaching, but short term goals let you plan properly and with confidence.
- Those shorter-term, more realistic goals also let you chain them together. By reaching one goal and then setting another, you’re charting a path towards your ultimate goal.
- You’ll also be more able to effectively identify unexpected challenges and new problems early on, and to adjust your strategy accordingly.
In other words, planning with realistic goals makes it easier to stay on your path to success and also to be able to deal with problems and unexpected challenges when they arise. You have the skills to reach any goal, but planning properly is a big part of reaching the right level of success. It’s just one technique you’ll find when you turn to http://www.virtualREconsulting.com for ideas on achieving greatness.